Come and try days are run under strict controls to ensure your safety.
When can I have a go?
Lismore Kart Club has regular dates for racing and other events, therefore bookings for come and try are by appointment only – E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone Club Secretary 0484 060 817.
How much does it cost?
Currently there is a small fee of $10.00 per driver to Come and Try Go Karting. If you then join the club, you will receive a $10.00 discount on your club membership.
What do I need to bring?
Drivers need to have appropriate protective clothing (including enclosed footwear), gloves and a properly fitted helmet. You may prefer to use your own if you have it, otherwise Lismore Kart Club may provide equipment for the use of participants but WILL NOT be accountable for any damage caused by participant’s use of their personal equipment.
What rules do I need to know?
- Participants will be under the control and guidance at all times of the Officials.
- The track must be cleared and only the “Come and Try” driver is to be allowed on the track for a 10 minute session.
- Drivers must wear appropriate protective clothing, properly fitted helmets, gloves and appropriate footwear.
- Drivers must read / have explained the wording of the Indemnity on the form provided, and then acknowledging the terms and conditions, must sign the document.
- All drivers must complete and sign required paperwork before being allowed onto the track.
- If a driver is under 18 years of age, the driver and guardian must sign both the Attendance Sheet and Driver Waiver Form (Click here to download form).
NOTE: There is no cover under AKA’s Personal Accident Policy for non-licensed drivers.
Taking the next step
If you would like get into karting please do not hesitate to talk to one of the committee. We will be happy to give you sound advice about purchasing a kart, the costs involved, practice etc. More information in joining the club please go to Join LKC, you can also go to Contacts and enquire about a Come & Try opportunity to experience kart racing.
Karting is still the most enjoyable and cheapest form of Motor Sport.
Cadets can start at age 7 yrs and progress through Rookies and Juniors till age 16 when they go into Senior competition.
Lismore host 10 race meetings per year except for October (Show Month) and boasts many State and National Champions – come and join them and learn from the best.